A reminder that the full Blue and Red course will be back in play tomorrow Saturday June 11, with preferred lies remaining at a club length in the general area and bunkers still compulsory GUR.
For any member wishing to hire one, they will be available for the full 18 holes, with some associated conditions.
- Do not drive a cart within the roped off areas
- Avoid driving through obvious wet areas
- Try to stay on the high side of fairways and rough, use paths as much as possible and drive to your ball at 90 degrees, if it is on the low side of holes
- When searching for your ball in the rough, get out of the cart and search on foot – do not drive around in circles looking for your ball
- Keep carts well away from greens and adhere to the black line restrictions
The groundstaff, volunteers and Golf Committee have worked tirelessly to get the course back into a condition where carts can now be used on the full eighteen holes, so we seek the assistance of members using carts to apply commonsense to that usage, as people witnessed doing the wrong thing may lose the privilege of hiring a cart.
The silt left from the rains has now been removed from all bunkers and if new sand is delivered in time next week, we are hopeful that most, if not all bunkers, will be back in play by Saturday 18th for the Foursomes qualifying round. We will most likely require the help of as many volunteers as possible to complete this work, so advise Stu Hall or Ric Campbell if you can assist.
The new area for cleaning golf shoes & buggy wheels with the air hose is now in operation and our thanks to Stu Hall, Ric Campbell and their team of assistants for a job well done.
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Ian Malcolm to the Board of Asquith Golf Club.
Ian fills the casual vacancy created by Quentin Price’s resignation from the Board on the 2nd June 2022. Ian has prior experience as a Director, having served on the Board from 2016 to 2019.
Ian has the necessary knowledge, particularly in regard to the golf course, to fill the void left in that area of our operation by Quentin’s departure.